It's True, People Can Enjoy Where They Work!
We're a small enough company that you'll get to know everyone. As Team Members,
we interact with people in every part of the company - from office managers to the
President/owner of the company. We're like family.
The common theme is that we all take pride in building a top quality American-made
product that is critical to many industries. We're one of the leading manufacturers
of temperature sensors in North America and our products are used all over the United
States and the world. From wind turbines to large pharmaceutical processing plants,
companies depend on Pyromation temperature sensors.
Pyromation has developed an atmosphere in the plant and offices where team members
enjoy coming to work each day. We offer big-time company benefits while maintaining
small company flexibility. We're professional, but not rigid. These are just a few
of the reasons our Team Members like coming to work at Pyromation:
- Clean, air-conditioned, brightly lit workplace
- Lean manufacturing - cell assembly operations
- Encouragement of ideas, Team Member input
- Employee recognition
- Skills development
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Bonus programs
- Earned vacation days
- Company supported Team Member events - lunches, parties, health activities
Pyromation has been successfully growing its business since 1962, and as a privately
held company, we'll continue to be a significant employer in this area for the long
When you put it all together, joining Pyromation is a smart move. And, like our
Team Members, we think you'll enjoy working here.
Check out the latest career opportunities at Pyromation. Your new career starts
Current Open Positions:
Click Here to Apply Online
Click Here to View Our
Please scroll down to see all current openings
1st and 2nd Shift Production Supervision (Group Leader)
Pyromation, Inc. is an innovative temperature sensor manufacturer that is utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives and we are growing. Currently we are seeking an experienced Group Leader for 1st and 2nd shift shop supervision who has a background in manufacturing/machining management, implementing policies and procedures to promote an environment of lean efficiency, continuous improvement, and to support strategic company goals.
The Group Leader is responsible for the development and management activities for their Product Groups in the Value Stream by working in conjunction with the Team Leader and Value Stream Operators and with the support of Process Analyst, Buyer/Planner, Manufacturing Engineer and Maintenance Technicians. This position reports directly to the Value Stream Leader (Operations Manager) and serves as a liaison to other areas of the company. Responsible for administering policies and procedures to promote an environment of lean efficiency, safety, continuous improvement and engaged team members, while supporting strategic value stream goals.
- Assure PPE and other OSHA requirements are being followed.
- Assure work rule and company policy compliance.
- Respond to andon light/sound as required.
- Utilize escalation process as needed.
- Conduct morning gemba walk with Team Leader.
- Spot check product quality conformance.
- Follow up on late customer orders with Team Leader.
- Administrative responsibilities as required.
- Approve overtime and SPTO.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Lead the bi-weekly Value Stream Operator meeting.
- Lead idea board discussion bi-weekly with support team.
- Conduct product group safety audit meeting at safety board.
- Assist with interviews as needed.
Team Member Development/Engagement
- Develop and implement strategic cross training.
- Lead job instruction breakdown usage and development.
- Monitor skills training progress of new hires with Training Coordinator – 30 day review.
- Manage training process.
- Serve as a resource on the manufacturing processes in the Value Stream.
- Perform evaluations for direct reports using evaluation forms and procedures.
- Identify and address disciplinary issues through Job Relation activities and corrective action system as needed.
- Assist in the retention of team members - identify and facilitate career development plans.
- Ensure quality improvements through root cause identification and permanent solutions.
- Complete PDCA improvement cycles.
- Co-lead morning and afternoon toolbox meetings. Communicate containment occurrences.
- Safety idea review.
- Conduct 6S and standard work audits as scheduled or as needed.
- Resolve 6S, safety and standard work audit findings.
- Assist management of idea system.
- Manage accident investigations.
- Work to improve equipment, tooling, layout and production processes.
- Other related duties as required.
Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related major and 5+ years of managerial experience, within the manufacturing industry desired. Experience and understanding of machining processes, CNC knowledge, G & M code, tooling background desired and manufacturing based technology, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma knowledge a plus.
Pyromation offers an excellent compensation and benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience/knowledge and/or degree.
Send your resume along with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
5211 Industrial Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Fax: (260) 482-9240
Send e-mail resumes to: Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: all careers require drug screening