It's True, People Can Enjoy Where They Work!
We're a small enough company that you'll get to know everyone. As Team Members,
we interact with people in every part of the company - from office managers to the
President/owner of the company. We're like family.
The common theme is that we all take pride in building a top quality American-made
product that is critical to many industries. We're one of the leading manufacturers
of temperature sensors in North America and our products are used all over the United
States and the world. From wind turbines to large pharmaceutical processing plants,
companies depend on Pyromation temperature sensors.
Pyromation has developed an atmosphere in the plant and offices where team members
enjoy coming to work each day. We offer big-time company benefits while maintaining
small company flexibility. We're professional, but not rigid. These are just a few
of the reasons our Team Members like coming to work at Pyromation:
- Clean, air-conditioned, brightly lit workplace
- Lean manufacturing - cell assembly operations
- Encouragement of ideas, Team Member input
- Employee recognition
- Skills development
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Bonus programs
- Earned vacation days
- Company supported Team Member events - lunches, parties, health activities
Pyromation has been successfully growing its business since 1962, and as a privately
held company, we'll continue to be a significant employer in this area for the long
When you put it all together, joining Pyromation is a smart move. And, like our
Team Members, we think you'll enjoy working here.
Check out the latest career opportunities at Pyromation. Your new career starts
Current Open Positions:
Click Here to Apply Online
Click Here to View Our
Please scroll down to see all current openings
Software Developer - 1st Shift
Pyromation, Inc. is an innovative temperature sensor manufacturer that is utilizing Lean Manufacturing and
Six Sigma initiatives and we are growing. Currently we are seeking an experienced Software Developer
who has a background to design, code, test and debug complex programs, as well as analyze and revise
system logic. Software Developer will perform the following functions and have the following responsibilities:
Functions & Responsibilities
- Perform phases of application system analysis and design
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Design code, test and debug complex programs;
- Maintain and document programs;
- Analyze and revise system logic;
- Consult with other staff members to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system;
- Formulate and design software system, using scientific and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design;
- Develop software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Possess knowledge of several programming languages, including current complex languages.
- Thorough understanding of phases of programming, including computer logic and parameters for storing data.
- Possess accomplished programming and analyzing skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills and understanding of user environment and needs.
- Possess people skills and employee developmental skills.
- Possess comprehensive written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Be able to prioritize, organize and multitask.
- Be self-motivated, organized to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Be able to work well in a team environment.
The successful candidate should have 3+ years software development experience.
Pyromation offers an excellent compensation and benefit package and the potential to work one day per week from home. Salary is commensurate with experience/knowledge and/or degree.
Send your resume along with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
5211 Industrial Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Fax: (260) 482-9240
Send e-mail resumes to: Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: all careers require drug screening